Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Makes statement pick that is neither bold nor courageous. Plus: Rondo vs. Wade; Hey Hey JHey!; Avi!; Sacrificial Hawks; and Schweinsteiger: Nein!
* This draft trade really grinds Coach's gears!
* Coffman: "Ryan Pace is standing up there without any pants on!"
* Rhodes: "Ryan Pace is Clark Cub."
* Sherman/The Ringer: Mitchell Trubisky Might Be Good, But The Bears' Draft Trade Doesn't Make Sense.
Chicago made a risky move to land a player it probably could have gotten with the third overall pick.
* Kirshner/SBNation: Did Bears Even Need To Trade Up To Land Mitchell Trubisky?
The QB came at a steep price, and it's not clear Chicago even had to pay it.
* Barnwell: The Chicago Bears And A Mitchell Trubisky Mystery.
* Why Trump may be preferable to Pence.
* Rhodes: "The national media is crucifying the Bears; the local media is in love with this."
* Graziano/ESPN: The Bears Did What?
* Vrentas/SI: Draft Stunner: The Bears Do The Quarterback Shuffle.
* Rhodes: "The Bears are 1-0 in statements. They lead the league in statements. They're going to the Statement Bowl."
* Hoge's pinned tweet:
Chicago: WE NEVER HAVE A QB .— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) April 28, 2017
(GM trades 3 mid-round picks for QB)
Chicago: HOW COULD HE DO THAT?
* More Hoge:
And they're the same people who've been trying to run Cutler out of town for years. https://t.co/jVL3DZbuQV— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) April 28, 2017
Phil Emery once loved a player named Aaron Donald. Failed to trade up. Watched Aaron Donald get picked one pick ahead of the #Bears.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) April 28, 2017
Re: this idea that Lynch "fleeced" Pace: If Trubisky is good, Lynch is the guy who passed on him in favor of Hoyer/Barkley, who Pace let go.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) April 28, 2017
* Hoge two days before the draft: "I'm sticking to my original thinking that Pace thoroughly evaluated this quarterback class and decided that Mike Glennon provided similar upside at a cheaper (guaranteed) price without burning the No. 3 overall pick. If the Bears wanted to bring in a one-year stop-gap while a first round quarterback developed, they could have just re-signed Brian Hoyer, which is something they never got too serious about. Glennon is here because Pace believes he can be the Bears' answer at the position."
* Tru Haugh:
* CORRECTION: Rhodes was referring to a Morrissey column, not a Telander column (they're so hard to tell apart).
48:45: Rondo vs. Wade.
52:02: Hey Hey, JHey!
1:00:37: Sacrificial Hawks.
1:02:22: Schweinsteiger: Nein!
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Sports now really a life and death proposition. Plus: The Washington Appropriators: Coach Loves The Princess Bride; Seeing Red Stars; Q-Anon; COVID Cubbie; Dash Cam; Hubba Bubbles; I'd Tap That; and Beachwood Sports Specials.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #311: Unless Someone Dies" »
Posted on Jul 3, 2020
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020