Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Get Garoppolo. Plus: Super Bowl Scenery Chewing; #BearsBoycott; ACL U; As The Bulls Turn, Turn, Turn; The Toewster Is Back; Brain Disease Strikes Mike Adamle; and Baseball's Worst Idea Since Using The All-Star Game To Determine Home Field For The World Series.
1:02: Super Bowl Scenery Chewing.
* FiveThirtyEight: About Those Falcons Play Calls . . .
* "Don't get bored." (Rhodes: I think I heard this on The Score; couldn't find on Google.)
17:05: Jimmy Football.
* Again: It's too bad the Bears have such a high draft pick because apparently it's too high to use on a quarterback! If only the Bears had the 15th pick!
* Morrissey: Franchise Has No Shortage Of Gall.
* Rhodes: The McCaskeys are selfish, greedy and incompetent.
* So they went two whole (lousy) seasons without a ticket hike. It should be noted!
It should be noted that the #Bears have not increased season-ticket prices since the 2014 season. So this is the first since then.— Adam Jahns (@adamjahns) February 8, 2017
30:41: ACL U.
37:00: As The Bulls Turn, Turn, Turn.
* Is Michael Reinsdorf the new Godfather?
* Sources to K.C. Johnson: Paxson & Forman Jobs Safe.
* Busts & drama queens.
* Dwyane Wade: Guys aren't working hard enough at the practices I'm skipping.
* Fred Ventura.
49:40: The Toewster Is Back.
* (Rhodes: My new nickname for his is Jonathan Toaster.)
52:55: Mike Adamle: Brain Disease 'Shook My World.'
* Epilepsy and dementia.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Defense to get more aggressive, incur more penalties. Plus: The Cubs Did Not Respect 90 Last Year And No One Was Held Accountable; Budget Bullpen Breaks; New Rules, Fools!; Sister Jean Has Down Year; College Admissions' Side Doors; Duncan Keith, Biohacker; Alma Otter!; Puck Drop; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #243: Bears Make Big Little Moves; Cubs Building A Mystery " »
Posted on Mar 15, 2019
Those ensnared in the current criminal case - which alleges that they paid for their children to get spots on the sports teams of big-name schools - couldn't have succeeded if the college admissions process wasn't already biased toward wealthier families.Continue reading "College Admission Scandal Grew Out Of A System Already Rigged With 'Side Doors'" »
Posted on Mar 15, 2019