Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Plus: The Sky Is Burning; Prospects Are Suspects Until Proven Otherwise, And So Is Starlin Castro; Cubs Striving For Normalcy; Deadspin Is Dead Wrong; and much, much more!
00:32: Bears Brown Out.
* Secret scheme?
* The Patriots test.
* Trestman as the Anti-Lovie - for better and possibly worse.
* Ceilings, floors.
* Bears vs. Bills (yawn).
* Super Bowl or bust.
26:53: The Sky Is Burning!
* Lyme disease.
* Elena Delle Donne, everybody.
"Despite trailing by 17 early in the fourth quarter, the Chicago Sky weren't ready to give up on their season. Instead, they kept their focus and pulled off the biggest fourth-quarter comeback in WNBA playoff history," AP reports.
"Elena Delle Donne scored 17 of her 34 points in the final period, including the winning jumper with 8.4 seconds left, as the Sky rallied from 20 points down to beat the Atlanta Dream 81-80 on Tuesday night and advance to the Eastern Conference finals."
Stump the Coach: The Sky's opener against the Indiana Fever is actually Saturday night in Indiana; Game Two is Monday night in Rosemont and that's the game, of course, that you can go see instead of giving your hard-earned cash to the fabulously wealthy Ricketts family to watch a minor league team.
32:05: It's Jorge Time.
* But prospects are still suspects until proven otherwise.
* Cubs striving for normalcy.
* This week's model: Kansas City.
* All hail Jose Abreu.
* The White Sox are still closer to contending than the Cubs, but the franchise is so damn boring.
* Remember when Welington Castillo was the next Yadier Molina? I do. It was just last year.
49:08: Wishing Upon A Starlin.
* Kubs Kulture.
* Ricky Renteria: New Dale.
56:50: Deadspin Is Dead Wrong.
* Coffman actually did grow up near Cabrini-Green.
STOPPAGE TIME: 2:00:00.
For more Beachwood radio, including archives and the news Hour: The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The ultimate homer directs a lovefest as ridiculous and far from the truth as his broadcasts.Continue reading "Hawk Harrelson Goes Out As Awfully As He Broadcasted" »
Posted on Sep 17, 2018