Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Team Hoiberg falls of the cliff. Plus: RealFeeling The Bears and Joe Maddon Fails To Embrace The Target Of Accountability.
:54: Bulls Shit.
* Bernstein: Bulls Men Can't Jump.
* Friedell: Front Office Deserves Most Of The Blame.
* NBA CBA: Optimism Abounds.
* BrittBrau: Is Thibodeau To Blame?
42:46: RealFeeling The Bears.
* Least Attended Bears Game Ever?
* Sliverstein: Josh Bellamy Is Not The Problem.
57:25: Joe Maddon Fails To Embrace Target Of Accountability.
* "The part I screwed up with I didn't have someone warming up in the ninth once Rizzo hit the home run," Maddon said.
That's funny, after the game he said he didn't have enought time to warm someone up, which clearly wasn't true.
* "Every game I put him in, I talked to him and his interpreter to make sure that he was OK because this season he did not like pitching multiple innings so we stopped doing it. So I talked to him about if we did that in the playoffs, how would he feel about that and he said he was fine with that.'
That's funny, because when he was told during the season by a reporter that Chapman said he didn't like pitching multiple innings, Maddon said he was unaware of that but that it didn't matter to him anyway.
* See the segment "Cubs Always Closing," including "Maddon-Proofing The Bullpen" and "Dusty Maddon."
* "[Montgomery] had warmed up four times - in the third, fifth, ninth and 10th innings. He knew going into the game that he was gassed. His manager, Joe Maddon, had acknowledged as much to the FOX broadcast team. And Montgomery's first warmup went so poorly, he thought, 'I hope I don't get into this game.'"
This was Game 7 of the World Series.
* So Maddon apologized to Rondon for overusing him and getting him hurt; John Lackey blamed his injury during the season on Maddon warming him up in the bullpen; Maddon famously overused Travis Wood in his two seasons, rendering him useless by the end of each; Chapman, of course; and Montgomery. Plus, Pedro Strop, who knows.
* Fangraphs: The Inning The Cubs Stole.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Inexcusable. Flop. Messy. Undisciplined. Ugly. Outcoached. Again.Continue reading "Peak John Fox" »
Posted on Nov 13, 2017
Don't sleep on Brett Hundley! Plus: The NFL's Tomato Cans; Martellus Bennett Is Bigger Than The Game, Y'All; Canadian GOAT: Marc Trestman; Cubs Hot Stove Burns; Dear Rick Hahn: Stay The Course!; An Analytics Story; Blackhawks Baffle; and Bobby Tortoise's Chicago Bulls.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #175: Bears Trap Door Game" »
Posted on Nov 10, 2017