Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Love the art, not the artist. Including: The "P" In MVP Stands For "Player," Not "Person"; Peak Jay Cutler (Again); Grandpa Wade; and Corey Crawford Standing On Head.
* BRSH #127: Trumped Up: We're Rome; We'll Help You Pack, Jake.
[Luke] Kuechly is probably the most photographed person in Charlotte. There is no record of him ever turning down a photo request. He's so good-natured that his trash talk comes out awkwardly. He'll ask a media member how his family is doing just because.
There is no pretense to Kuechly. He's one of few professional athletes where you can say he's a good guy and not worry about that statement coming back to bite you down the road.
* Presidential Medal of Freedom winner Michael Jordan's Greatest Hits:
- Commerce Over Conscience.
- Michael Jordan Sues Grocery Stores For Thank You Ads.
- Jordan's Night To Remember Turns Petty.
9:07: The "P" In MVP Stands For "Player," Not "Person."
* Great player, appreciated in these corners, but too much fanboy:
Wow, young Kris Bryant. https://t.co/KmnwtsnMtC— Matt Spiegel (@MattSpiegel670) November 18, 2016
Then MLB Commissioner in 2019, and of course U.S. President in 2020. https://t.co/YsoZ53pour— Matt Spiegel (@MattSpiegel670) November 16, 2016
They had been fishing for bigger names on the trade market, but pro scouting director Jared Porter and director of major league scouting Kyle Evans kept pushing for Montgomery. In a year, they told Epstein, he would be a solid four-pitch starter.
34:46: Peak Jay Cutler (Again).
* The Most Cutlery Cutler Ever.
* Alshon Jeffery Has Clarified His Situation.
44:04: Grandpa Wade.
57:45: Corey Crawford Standing On Head.
* "Corey's been unbelievable," Bowman said. "It's allowed us to not play that well and still gain some confidence."
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
At age 29, his blacklisting may well amount to a life sentence, for no crime other than having a social conscience.Continue reading "Why Colin Kaepernick Matters" »
Posted on Aug 16, 2017