Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Only Chris Conte could get a concussion while missing the tackle. Plus: Cubs waiting for shovels to go on sale, Coach K does Bulls a solid, Gordon Beckham's four-year slump finally catches up to him, the Blackhawk who got away, this week in the Sky, and Jackie Robinson West.
* The world is not ending, though.
* We haven't seen the scheme yet.
* No tougher place to play. Built to intimidate.
* Ricketts is the clown now and that's why the Cubs are still cursed.
* The Cubs are the most profitable franchise in Major League Baseball, with the fourth-highest revenues in the third-largest market with an international brand. And they're doing it on the cheap.
* Is that a mechanical failure in your tarp or are you just happy to see me?
* Cubs waiting for shovels to go on sale.
Baltimore joins long list of franchises named as Cubs model, including Boston, St. Louis, Oakland, Kansas City, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Washington . . . is there a team that couldn't be a model? Yes: The Yankees. See also: Dodgers, Angels.
The Cubs are no longer looking for a model - they are three years in to Theo's Plan!
36:50: The White Sox: Borrring.
Was in a four-year slump.
39:26: Coach K Doing Derrick Rose, Bulls A Solid.
* To be followed by the world championship on Sunday. One game only.
More: The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »