Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Pre-playoff exhibition games rankle. Plus: Theo Epstein Finally Gets Edwin Jackson Money; Robin's Return?!; Bears Still Not As Bad As White Sox; Blackhawks & Bulls Go Camping; Chicago Sky, Chicago Fire, NIU And The Tribune's Endorsement Of Gary Johnson Bring Up The Rear.
* Sammy Sosa.
* Shawon Dunston, first pick of the 1982 draft.
7:27: Spring Training Is Back!
* Have the Cubs lost their loving feeling?
* Where's Jake's head at?
15:52: Theo Epstein Finally Gets Edwin Jackson Money.
* Hoyer and McLeod got five-year extensions too, on Friday morning.
* This thread . . .
Jason Goff on The Score this morning: 43% of #Cubs WAR was acquired in trades. Highest chunk.— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) September 29, 2016
* The Cubs are scheduled to open the National League Division Series on Friday, October 1, at Wrigley Field.
35:48: Robin's Return!
* The replies have it here:
* Rhodes: "The White Sox have become the Cubs without any of the lovability."
* Roger's White Sox Reports.
42:03: Bears Relieved They At Least Aren't The White Sox.
* Lots of these type of references: "whether or not Fox was Pace's first choice . . . " Remember, Ernie Accorsi was consulting with George McCaskey and Ted Phillips over the hiring of Pace and a head coach. (There was one more recently - this week - but I couldn't find it.)
56:34: Chicago Fire Eliminated From Playoffs But Unfortunately Not From Our Lives.
56:55: Coffman: "We are the cesspool of college football in America."
58:00 Tribune Endorses Gary Johnson For President.
STOPPAGE (Bonus Cubs talk): 5:44
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Thursday was supposed to be opening day for Major League Baseball, but stadiums are empty, with the season postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Instead, parking lots are being used to store unused rental vehicles.Continue reading "Unused Rental Cars Parked At Baseball Stadiums" »
Posted on Mar 28, 2020
Someday there will be another one, and when it arrives, the emotions, joy and hopes will burst forth possibly like never before. May we all be here to add it to our Opening Day memories.Continue reading "An Opening Day Requiem" »
Posted on Mar 27, 2020
Sure, the Bears are Chicago's team, but if basketball wasn't number one in Chicago before the '90s, the glorious run of Michael Jordan's six-time champ Bulls made it so.Continue reading "Missing Chicago's Game" »
Posted on Mar 25, 2020