Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Winning Weird: Everything's Coming Up Cub; Grandpa!; Tommy La Stella's Search For Purpose; Jason Heyward Is A Remarkably Bad Hitter Right Now; Funky Drumming Bullpen; All Addison Russell Does Is Hit With Runners In Scoring Position.
Plus: MLB Forces White Sox To Finish Season; Tickets Will Actually Be Sold. Call Team For More Information.
And: We Miss Matt Slauson, And So Too, Apparently, Do The Bears; Denver's Wildcat; This Is It, John Fox; We're Already Tired Of You Going 6-10 Every Year.
Finally: Amazing Feats Of Human Endeavor (Rio 2016 So Far).
:22: Winning Weird.
* Happy Coghlan.
Coghlan also did this:
And, last week, this:
Everything's Coming Up Cub.
* The bunt.
* The pickoff.
23:00: Funky Drumming Bullpen.
26:29: Jason Heyward Is A Remarkably Bad Hitter Right Now.
* Buried in badness.
* Paging Butch Harmon!
29:30: All Addison Russell Does Is Hit With Runners In Scoring Position.
34:02: MLB Forces White Sox To Finish Season; Tickets Will Actually Be Sold. Call Team For More Information.
34:20: We Miss Matt Slauson, And So Too, Apparently, Do The Bears.
* "Matt Slauson really helps you appreciate how bad Trevor Robinson was. He's very solid and you can tell how much easier the guards' jobs are now. Orlando Franklin should have a much better season thanks to the addition of Slauson."
("Slauson graciously does every interview asked of him.")
* Apparently John Fox wants lineman who can pull and block downfield and they didn't think Slauson was athletic enough for that type of scheme. But then, you'd think he would have kept Martellus Bennett, an underappreciated downfield blocker. (And Matt Forte.)
* Clearly Fox believes in scheme first, rather than building around the personnel you have. Perhaps that's what's worked for him in the past, but some of us disagree with that approach - at least when your personnel set is talented enough to build around.
37:10: Denver's Wildcat.
* We have Hoyer.
44:05: This Is It, John Fox; We're Already Tired Of You Going 6-10 Every Year.
* That goes for you, too, Ryan Pace.
49:21: Amazing Feats Of Human Endeavor (Rio 2016 So Far).
* "Team USA's Mara Abbott on losing her lead and finishing fourth: 'OMG, this is going to happen - and then they passed me.'"
* See also: Mara Abbott Fighting Anorexia And Financial Chasm.
* Brennan: "When you consider the National Football League had to cancel its Hall of Fame game because of a problem on the field, they couldn't put on one football game, and here Rio is seemingly them moving ahead with all of these venues, and so far, so good."
* Compare and contrast.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020