Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
He's a magic man, mama. Plus: Oh, Puig; The Bennett Brothers Vs. Everyone; Elena Delle Donne Is Gay, Engaged And In Rio; and The I Told You So Olympics.
5:22: The Joe Maddon Show.
* He's a magic man, mama.
* UPDATE: Jorge Soler has been brought up for Friday night's game against the A's and is in the lineup at DH. Joe Nathan was designated for assignment to make room.
"Former Annoying Cub of the Week: I'm going to break the cycle here and talk about Chris Coghlan. Sure, I'm not a fan at all, but I might as well get over it. He apparently has some sort of extra baseball 'goodness' in him that does not show up in ways normal people can see. And while he is not a 'former' Cub as he is still on the team, he is technically a 'former annoying' Cub as I am going to call him no longer annoying. So he is former annoying in that sense. He must be like super hilarious in the clubhouse or really good at pep talks or something for him to keep coming back to this team, but I'm going to embrace him now. I simply have no choice, he will not go away."
* Also from Marty in that column: "Big Poppa Joe has all the gadgets working on his Cub army knife, like even the tweezers and the saw blade."
* Maddon: Not me!
Maddon said he called bunt on one pitch and rest of it was all Zobrist. Said he liked Contreras ability to make contact there (behind Zo)— Gordon Wittenmyer (@GDubCub) August 3, 2016
* Sullivan: Give Maddon The Weekend Off.
* Doolittle: Contreras Builds His Case Behind The Plate.
* Heyward and Zobrist: Millstones?
39:43: Oh, Puig.
* The White Sox should have followed the Yankees model; instead, they followed the White Sox model.
* New York Daily News: Gleyber Torres Provides Look Into Yankees Future.
* Disliked by the media because journalists prefer being lied to.
* New narrative: Dowell Loggains is mini-Jay!
* Biggs: Bears Counting On Zach Miller.
#Bears Kevin White and Alshon Jeffery not practicing. TE Zach Miller (concussion) watching. LB Pernell McPhee (knee) too, first time.— John Mullin (@CSNMoonMullin) August 5, 2016
Cutler praised reserve TE Greg Scruggs. "[He's] probably taken the most steps there," said Cutler. Zach Miller (concussion) remains out.— Zach Zaidman (@ZachZaidman) August 3, 2016
#Bears coach John Fox said that WR Kevin White was given the day off. TE Greg Scruggs meanwhile was hospitalized with bruised lung.— Adam Jahns (@adamjahns) August 5, 2016
Bears have shown a growing trust in TE Tony Moeaki as a target in the passing game, and former DL Greg Scruggs looks sharp as a blocking TE.— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) August 5, 2016
* So now it's down to Tony Moeaki!
* Alshon Soler.
59:46: The I Told You So Olympics.
* I'll put the Beachwood's coverage of Chicago's 2016 Olympic bid up against anyone's - just as our coverage of Barack Obama's 2008 campaign stands alone. Best in the country. (And who had Rahm nailed? It wasn't the Twitter feed with the duck.)
Some of us had the forethought to understand that, because we did our jobs as journalists instead like giddy fanboys or as adjuncts to City Hall.
* Learn, dammit!
* About Beachwood Olympic content.
For Sports Hour archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Someone's about to earn this column's first moratorium.Continue reading "The Ex-Cub Factor" »
Posted on Apr 16, 2019