Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Higgs to Boson to Chance. Plus: The Cubs Are The Best Baseball Team On Earth; Fat Albers; The State Of The Standings; The Pride Of Peoria Could Be The NBA Finals MVP; ICYMI, The Stanley Cup Finals Are Happening Right Now; Elena Delle Donne's Silent Supremacy; and The Chicago Fire Did Not Do Anything This Week.
* Hank Aaron wore No. 5.
* Cubs No. 5s include: Welington Castillo, Nomar Garciaparra, Reed Johnson, Josh Vitters, Sam Fuld, Jake Fox, Ronnie Cedeno, Michael Barrett, Tony Womack and Joey Amalfitano.
* Glenn Beckert wore No. 18.
* Ron Santo, indeed, wore No. 10.
1:30: The Cubs Are The Best Baseball Team On Earth.
* Marty "Cub Factor" Gangler: Deep-Simmering Rage Or Suburban Numbness?
* Entire rotation should go, too.
As of right now, all Cubs pitchers have an ERA under 3.0. As a collective unit, they have roughly a 2.3 ERA. @DavidAMiniel— Matthiew Balsley (@MBalsley) June 3, 2016
* Dan O'Shea's Fantasy Fix: Valuing The Pure Hitter.
14:30: Fat Albers.
* Robin Ventura is sabotaging the White Sox offense.
* Rick Hahn:
"Look, the game management realm is 100 percent the manager's purview, and I'm not going to stand here and second guess any decisions he's making. Obviously we all have the benefit of hindsight right now in evaluating a decision. Our conversations in private are about the conversations that lead up to the decision or the thought process that leads up to the decision. And from my standpoint, it's important to make sure that process is sound and that he and our coaches all have the right information when they're making a strategic in-game decision, and I'm very pleased with where they are from an information standpoint and from a process standpoint. But it's not my place, certainly publicly, to second guess in-game managerial decisions."
But it is your job. It's exactly your job. Maybe not publicly, but it's your job. Do it.
24:04: The State Of The Standings.
* AL: The Red Sox, The Rangers & The Royals.
* White People Have To Get It Together.
* NL: We Still Hate Dusty Baker.
* Quantum baseball.
52:10: The Pride Of Peoria: NBA Finals MVP?
* The Pride of Springfield ain't bad, either.
57:52: ICYMI: The Stanley Cup Finals Are Happening Right Now.
* "[Penguins general manager Jim] Rutherford somehow acquired Trevor Daley, one of the NHL's best skaters, from the Blackhawks in exchange for Rob Scuderi, a toppled traffic cone on a snowy road."
1:00:16: Sky Clips Wings.
* Rolling Stone: Elena Delle Donne's Silent Supremacy.
* Chicago: The New Superstar In Town.
1:02:00: The Chicago Fire Did Not Do Anything This Week.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Meanwhile, Maddon might have choices. Plus: The Non-Mystery Of Why Virtually No One Is Calling Ozzie Guillen; The Bears Have Become The Cubs; I Figured Out How To Fix The Cubs, AMA; The Self-Impeaching Steve Stone Has Lost His Mind; There Is A Chance The Blackhawks Aren't As Bad As They Were In Their Home Opener; The NBA, China, The Score & You; The Lovie Smith Experiment Isn't Working; Thank You, Basti; It's A Red Stars Semi; and Congrats To An Old Favorite.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #273: Grandpa Vs. The Field" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
Bernstein & McKnight shrug off China's dystopian authoritarianism because, hey, we're all guilty.Continue reading "The NBA, China, The Score & You" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
"There's things within [the NFL] that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way."Continue reading "'I Just Couldn't Be a Sellout' | Why Rihanna Turned Down The Super Bowl Halftime Show" »
Posted on Oct 10, 2019
In public, he says he just wants to bring joy to the fans who really own his teams. In private, he says finishing second is the best business model because it keeps fans hungry and hopeful.Continue reading "Jerry Reinsdorf Isn't In It For The Money (LOL)" »
Posted on Oct 7, 2019