Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Warranted on the other side of town. Plus: Save The Intentional Walk!; Bulls In Quicksand; Golden Slumbers; Blackhawks Sign A Bunch Of Guys We Don't Care About; Bad Man Still Owns Chicago Fire; Chicago Sky Falling Already; Illinois Finally Tops Baylor; and The NFL Is Its Own Organized Crime Family.
1:20: The Panic Meter.
* The Overreaction.
* The Overreaction to the Overreaction.
* The Cubs have more elements than the periodic table.
* "If I can get our guys to understand one game at a time, I'll be very happy." - Joe Maddon, from Haugh's column.
13:27: Where Panic Is Warranted.
* In any game managed by Robin Ventura.
* Coffman's Concern Meter.
26:10: Save The Intentional Walk!
* One of the game's great dramas!
* Fangraphs: On The Shrinking Strike Zone And Lengthening Games.
* Replays vs. Rhubarbs. (It was our very own Roger Wallenstein who wrote the column I was thinking about, not Coffman.)
38:24: Bulls In Quicksand.
* There is no there there.
* Friedell: Source Says Joakim Noah-Bulls Talks Continue As Report Says He's Ready To Exit. Cites a "league source," which sounds like Bulls management to me, though I suppose Noah's agent could be called a "league source" in a stretch.
* I mis-inferred. Carmelo Anthony chose the money and New York instead of, purportedly to parochial Bulls pundits, a chance to win and Chicago.
52:21: Golden Slumbers.
* Golden Thunder.
* Cavs, Raptors.
55:18: Sharks vs. Penguins.
1:01:46: Chicago Fire Still Owned By Bad Man.
1:02:01 Chicago Sky Already Falling.
1:02:18 NFL Tried To Fix Concussion Study.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018