Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The NHL announced this week that the league's second annual Winter Classic outdoor game will be held at Wrigley Field between the Blackhawks and the Red Wings. Here are some of the details.
* Urinal troughs will be heated to prevent "urine-bergs."
* Old Style popsicles: $6.25.
* Left field bleachers to throw snowballs up toward the corporate A-holes sitting in the rooftops. Corporate A-holes to throw back balled up loan papers from foreclosed homes.
* Nets to be installed to protect those sitting under the upper level from falling icicles.
* Fans sitting in the left field bleachers will continue their streak of 242 games of not paying attention to the game.
*Chicago police will experience a revenue surge after fans write their names and address in the snow while urinating in Wrigleyville alleys.
* The Cubby Bear will change its name to the Blackhawk Bear and hold Mullet Night.
* The cryogenically frozen body of Harry Caray will sing the second-intermission stretch. One of these versions of the song will be chosen.
Take me outside to the hockey game,
Take me out to the cold
Buy me hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps,
I'm half in the bag before the first puck drops,
For it's root root root for the Blackhawks,
If they don't win, it's the same,
For it's one, two, three degrees below
At the old hockey game.
Take me out to the Hawks game
Take me out to the cold
Wearing no shirts out at Wrigley Field
Frostbite your wienie for the ol' highlight reel
For it's freeze, freeze, freezing your face off
If you can't speak it's a shame,
For I'm drunk, cold and almost passed out
At the outdoor Hawks game.
Take me out to da Wrigley
Take me out to da Field
Buy me a toque and a cold Labatt's
I don't care if I freeze off my nuts
For it's root root root for a quick game
If it's overtime I'm in pain
'Cause it's January in Chicago
And hockey's an inside game
- Eric Emery, Rick Kaempfer, Marty Gangler, Steve RhodesMore from Beachwood Sports »
Thursday was supposed to be opening day for Major League Baseball, but stadiums are empty, with the season postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Instead, parking lots are being used to store unused rental vehicles.Continue reading "Unused Rental Cars Parked At Baseball Stadiums" »
Posted on Mar 28, 2020
Someday there will be another one, and when it arrives, the emotions, joy and hopes will burst forth possibly like never before. May we all be here to add it to our Opening Day memories.Continue reading "An Opening Day Requiem" »
Posted on Mar 27, 2020
Sure, the Bears are Chicago's team, but if basketball wasn't number one in Chicago before the '90s, the glorious run of Michael Jordan's six-time champ Bulls made it so.Continue reading "Missing Chicago's Game" »
Posted on Mar 25, 2020