Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
By Eric Emery
Reasons why you should care even though the Blackhawks won't be in it.
* Barcelona beat Manchester United earlier this week, so you will not longer be distracted by other sports you don't care about.
* Each team has an American on the fourth line, so you can get your small dose of patriotism.
* Detroit throws an octopus on the ice before the game, which signifies the eight GM brands that will cut later this year.
* Series will be shorter than Carlos Zambrano's suspension.
* All Pittsburgh fans grow playoff beards. And I do mean all.
* Viewing mandated under Springfield reform legislation to distract you while pols show you a thing or two about reform.
* Viewing mandated under Obama stimulus plan to distract you from stimulating your curiosity about America's pending bankruptcy.
* Better than watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. Barely, but better.
* Detroit's Marian Hossa played for Pittsburgh last year. To replace Hossa, Pittsburgh acquired Happy Days' Marian Ross to take his place. Both are equally good in the playoffs.
* Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby touched the Eastern Conference Championship trophy. Like the Bradys, Crosby was seriously hurt surfing and a dangerous poisonous spider crawled into his jersey.
* Gambling stakes stoke excitement: If Pittsburgh wins, Detroit must take Pirates. If Detroit wins, Pittsburgh must take Detroit.
More from Beachwood Sports »
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020