Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
"A legend died Tuesday," Steve Rosenbloom writes for the Tribune.
"Stan Mikita suffered from dementia for several years, so his death at 78 was not unexpected, just delayed.
"But the imprint the wondrously talented Blackhawks center left on hockey as a player and an innovator will live forever."
Indeed. Let's take a look.
1. NHL Tribute.
2. Inventing The Helmet And The Curved Stick.
3. A Hockey Card Tribute.
4. Kuc, Tribune: For Stan Mikita, All The Blackhawks Memories Are Gone.
8. USA Today: Wayne's World Star Mike Myers Pays Tribute To Hockey Legend.
9. At Mikita's Donuts In Wayne's World 2.
10. Mikita Family Visits Stan Mikita's Donuts At All-Star Game.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Go Brew Crew! Plus: Surging Blackhawks Still In Last Place; Accidental White Sox Segment; Bulls Have 12.5 Percent Chance Of Righting Their Ship; Ramblers Puttering Toward Valley Tournament; It's The DePaul Blue Demons And The Duke Blue Devils; and Jones Prep 17-Year-Old Signs With Chicago Fire.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #239: Good Ship Cubs Runs Aground" »
Posted on Feb 15, 2019