Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
"To me, baseball is better with tradition, baseball is better with history, baseball is better with fans who care, baseball is better in ballparks like this, baseball is better during the day. And baseball is, best of all, when you win," Theo Epstein said the day he was announced as the team's new president.
But Theo only got it partly right. We'll fill in the rest of the picture.
* Baseball is better when your flat beer doesn't cost $8 a cup.
* Baseball is better when you're left fielder doesn't hop.
* (To the Sox: Baseball is better when pitchers don't take the bump, infielders don't glove two-hopper, double-choppers, and outfielders don't catch cans of corn.)
* Baseball is better for everyone except Yankees fans when Jim Hendry works for the Yankees.
* Baseball is better with religion.
* Baseball is better when bleacher bums are really bums.
* Baseball is better than this stupid generic marketing slogan.
* Baseball is better when you don't scalp your own tickets.
* Baseball is better when you don't have to urinate in a trough.
* Baseball is better when it's not gentrified.
* Baseball is better with Afros.
* Baseball is better with folk heroes.
* Baseball is better when one of your owners isn't a lying boob.
* Baseball is better when everyone can afford to go see it.
Contributing: Thomas Chambers, Marty Gangler, Jim Coffman, Steve Rhodes.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Wendell Scott was to NASCAR what Jackie Robinson was to baseball. The difference was that Robinson played in liberal Brooklyn and had the backing of Branch Rickey, and Scott raced in the segregated South and had . . . nobody."Continue reading "Driven: The Story Of The First African American Inducted Into The NASCAR Hall Of Fame" »
Posted on Jun 20, 2017
Motivating Mike - and Matt.Continue reading "Pelfrey's Proof " »
Posted on Jun 19, 2017
And help may not be on the way. Plus: On Hahn; The Human Journey Of Scott Darling; Bears Look Good Against The Bears!; Dwyane Wade's Fake News; What Kevin Durant Has Done; The Pens & P.K.; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #157: The Cubs Are Officially In Trouble" »
Posted on Jun 16, 2017