Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Predictions for what will happen in the fantasy football world during and after Week 1:
1. Visanthe Shiancoe, TE, Minnesota, will catch two touchdowns against New Orleans on Thursday, and may still be available in your league because everyone was too embarrassed to attempt pronouncing his name during the draft.
2. Rookie Dexter McCluster, RB/WR, Kansas City, will emerge as a hot waiver wire pickup after breaking 100 total yards against San Diego, and will be christened the new Larry Johnson, much to his chagrin.
3. Devin Aromashodu, WR, BEARS, will be ridiculous, while teammate Devin Hester will be merely unbelievable. Unfortunately, Jay Cutler will throw more often to Greg "Catch and Take a Dive" Olsen.
4. The New York Jets Defense, likely the top defense drafted in many leagues, will be turned into Swiss cheese by Baltimore, and Darelle Revis will pull a hammy due to lack of activity during his holdout. Rex Ryan still won't shut up.
5. Brett Favre will again limp out of the Superdome on Thursday, but this time as a winner. Status for Week 2 will be doubtful, and he may say he's thinking about retirement, but don't you believe it.
* Bleacher Report goes looking for the next Miles Austin and finds two Mike Williamses.
* FakeTeams likes Matthew Stafford as a sophomore sleeper. Stafford has been dividing experts lately, with some who think a full season will bring 20+ TDs and others who thinks he's headed for a second straight year with 20 INTs.
* Yahoo! First Down puts Stafford on its All-Mancrush team, along with Matt Forte and those Williamses.
* FanHouse thinks Dennis Dixon's four-week career as Pittsburgh QB will be fruitful. He can run, and he will go into hiding again when Big Ben comes back.
Dan O'Shea's Fantasy Fix appears in this space every Wednesday. He welcomes your comments. You can also read his about his split sports fan personality at SwingsBothWays, which isn't about what it sounds like it's about.
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018