Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
* Trade him for Bernie Brewer.
* Build a bear den in the rafters and he comes out after every home run to maul a deer. Or shotgun an Old Style.
* Redesign him as the opposite of everything he is now.
* Build a better backstory that includes a meth lab, a hooker and a goat.
* Ditch Regis and hire Brant Brown.
* Make him sentient.
* Steroids and a corked bat.
* Drop him from an airplane onto the pitcher's mound before every game without a parachute.
* Trade him for Brian Griffin.
* Assign him to knock off Jim Belushi.
* Send him to Des Moines for more seasoning.
* Make him a transvestite.
* Stuff him and display him above Joe Ricketts' fireplace.
* Assign him to stalk Hawk Harrelson.
* Wipe that smirk off his face.
* Heavy metal Clark.
* Party at the moon tower.
* It'd be cooler if he did.
* Have him wear a Julio Zuleta jersey.
* Have him do an Ask Me Anything on Reddit.
* Have him shoot t-shirts that say "I'm With Stupid" out of one of those t-shirt guns between innings.
* Hire Louis CK to play him.
- Steve Rhodes, Marty Gangler
See also: Exclusive Interview With Clark Cub.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Bernstein & McKnight shrug off China's dystopian authoritarianism because, hey, we're all guilty.Continue reading "The NBA, China, The Score & You" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
"There's things within [the NFL] that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way."Continue reading "'I Just Couldn't Be a Sellout' | Why Rihanna Turned Down The Super Bowl Halftime Show" »
Posted on Oct 10, 2019
In public, he says he just wants to bring joy to the fans who really own his teams. In private, he says finishing second is the best business model because it keeps fans hungry and hopeful.Continue reading "Jerry Reinsdorf Isn't In It For The Money (LOL)" »
Posted on Oct 7, 2019