Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Week 1 of the fantasy football slate is upon us. Thus far, it's all been guesswork, and we're about to start getting some answers. So, what are the questions?
Here are a few, with my own prediction of what the answers will be:
* How long will it take second-teamer Johnny Manziel to win the starting job?
* With his starting RB suspended, how many passes will Ben Roethlisberger throw?
* Who will be the leading rusher in the NFL after four weeks of play?
* Who will be the leading receiver (yards) in the NFL after four weeks?
* Who will be the leading receiver (TDs) after four weeks?
Odell Beckham, Jr.
* Which team will have the best defense (fewest points against) after four weeks?
* Who will be the leading receiver (yardage and TDs) in Week 1?
* Who will be the leading passer (yardage) in Week 1?
* How many TDs will Adrian Peterson score in Week 1?
* Will Jay Cutler end the season as the team's starting QB?
* USA Today likes Julian Edelman in Week 1. I do believe the Pats will scorch the earth at least in the early part of this season, and Edelman will be busy, but Gronk will be busier.
* CBS Sports.com starts its deep sleeper list with Marcus Mariota. Mariota has been going late in every draft I've been in, and maybe I'm missing the boat, but I don't see the attraction this year. Jameis Winston will be the better rookie QB, and I still think he could be a mess.
Fantasy Baseball Update
If you've gotten this far and you're still in contention, you probably don't need any help from me in what is likely the final week of the regular season in most fantasy leagues, but I feel compelled to point out that two very talented arms are coming off the DL to start on the same day this week - Saturday: Jose Fernandez, SP, MIA, and Marcus Stroman, SP, TOR.
Dan O'Shea is our man in fantasyland. He welcomes your comments.
Go Brew Crew! Plus: Surging Blackhawks Still In Last Place; Accidental White Sox Segment; Bulls Have 12.5 Percent Chance Of Righting Their Ship; Ramblers Puttering Toward Valley Tournament; It's The DePaul Blue Demons And The Duke Blue Devils; and Jones Prep 17-Year-Old Signs With Chicago Fire.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #239: Good Ship Cubs Runs Aground" »
Posted on Feb 15, 2019