Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Len Kasper is moving from the Cubs' TV booth to the White Sox' radio booth - supposedly because of his all-consuming love of radio.
But the Beachwood Sports Desk has learned otherwise. Our investigation has uncovered the real reasons behind Kasper's move.
* Didn't want to work on Ricketts' bison farm in offseason anymore.
* Could no longer tolerate Jim Deshaies' dislike of Pearl Jam.
* At this stage of life, he's downsizing.
* Couldn't pass up opportunity to work with Tony La Russa.
* Wasn't allowed to wear Jerry Garcia ties on the air.
* Only way to get out of weekly hits with Bernstein.
* Only way to get out of weekly lunches with Crane Kenney.
* Could no longer resist the siren call of Guaranteed Rate Field.
* In recent divorce, wife got the Cubs.
* Sinclair's Marquee Network finally went too far when they ordered him to do play-by-play of Rudy Giuliani's election challenges.
* Time to be pleasantly mediocre on the other side of town.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Will Bob Baffert ever go away? Churchill Downs Inc.: It's just what they do. Dickie D. dead. Cliches can shape your biorhythms. Double-teaming justice. You look just like. We asked one person, me.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Back To The Future" »
Posted on Jan 28, 2022
Electric, indefatigable and, finally, undenied.Continue reading "Minnie Miñoso Was Very, Very Good To Us" »
Posted on Dec 9, 2021