Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
"After hiring a new coach to turn around the team's fortunes, the Chicago Bears are making a move of a different kind, announcing plans to move offices from Soldier Field to Wacker Drive," the Tribune reports.
"The NFL franchise has leased almost 11,000 square feet at 123 N. Wacker Drive, where it plans to move about 30 workers currently based at Soldier Field, the team said. The office is expected to open this summer.
"The deal in the 30-story tower, located in one of the most prestigious pockets of Chicago's office market, will not affect the football franchise's Halas Hall headquarters in suburban Lake Forest, where the team has about 185 employees."
The Beachwood's I Team has the deets:
* Memorial Jay Cutler cigarette machine.
* Memorial animatronic John Fox lying to reporters.
* "George's South Parking Lot Cafeteria."
* "Ryan's Free Agent Money Ball Pit."
* All coffee pots filled with Folger's Crystals, courtesy of Virginia.
* 1985 Wayback Machines on every floor.
* World's most simplistic floor plan, aligned with playbook.
* The Mitch Trubisky Chapel, where employees are invited to pray daily.
* Every year a different floor will be in a rebuild.
* No parking passes; this organization is committed to the run.
* Everybody reports to Ted Phillips. Just like in the old office.
* Blue shirts; orange pants.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018