Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
MILWAUKEE - The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum unveiled on Thursday an extensive lineup of Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Special Edition Bobbleheads.
Each limited edition bobblehead is officially licensed by the Chicago Cubs and MLB and is available in the National Bobblehead HOF and Museum's online store.
The following newly released bobbleheads are expected to arrive in May:
* World Series Final Out Bobbleheads: This unique bobblehead set features Kris Bryant throwing to Anthony Rizzo for the final out in Game 7 of the World Series. The bobbleheads fit together to make a set ($65), but they can also be purchased individually ($35).
* World Series Special Moments Ticket Base Bobbleheads: These newly announced bobbleheads feature four of the most memorable moments from the 2016 World Series: Anthony Rizzo's RBI in Game 2 (the first RBI for the Cubs in a World Series game since 1945), Addison Russell's Game 6 Performance, Aroldis Chapman's 8-out save in Game 5 and Ben Zobrist's RBI Double in Game 7. The base of each bobblehead has a picture of the moment and resembles the ticket from the respective game. The bobbleheads are $35 each or $125 for the set of 4.
* World Series Joe Maddon The Curse is Over! Bobblehead: This bobblehead ($50) features Joe Maddon with a goat inside a replica of Wrigley Field. This is the only officially licensed Cubs' bobblehead ever made featuring a goat, and will likely be the last!
* David Ross Tribute Bobblehead: This bobblehead ($60) features David Ross being carried off the field by Anthony Rizzo and Jason Heyward after game 7 of the World Series. Ross became the oldest player to hit a home run in Game 7 of a World Series.
* World Series Fly The W Bobbleheads: These bobbleheads, which are in stock and ship now, are $35 each or $125 for the set of 4. They feature Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Jake Arrieta and Joe Maddon each holding the signature Cubs' W Flag while standing on a Fly The W base. Each bobblehead is individually numbered to only 2,016.
Over the past year, the Cubs amazing World Series season led to many other unique bobbleheads include the standard World Series Trophy Bobbleheads, special edition Newspaper Base Bobbleheads, a bobblehead featuring Bryzzo, a dual bobblehead commemorating Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter, and a series of 3-foot tall World Series bobbleheads.
"Never before has any team had this many World Series bobbleheads created, but the Cubs' World Series Championship was so historic that it has led to so many unique bobblehead opportunities," said Phil Sklar, co-founder and CEO of the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum. "Capturing these historic moments in bobblehead form is a lot of fun for fans and collectors."
About The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum
The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum was announced in November 2014. The HOF and Museum hosted a preview exhibit at RedLine Milwaukee from January through April, 2016, and is currently planning for a permanent location. The HOF and Museum also produces high quality, customized bobbleheads for organizations, individuals and teams across the country.
More from Beachwood Sports »
Credit a coach and a catcher.Continue reading "How Lucas Giolito Changed Up His Career" »
Posted on Jun 17, 2019