Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
I'm not mentioning my Breakfast In America Facebook page for a shameless plug (or am I?), but something interesting happened because of it. Last week I shared two articles:
* Article about Iceland's rise in international soccer - One view.
* Player in Sweden sent off for farting - 90 views.
And yet . . .
Iceland: A country with a population of 400,000 that survived the Euro 2016 group stage, whereas our country of 300 million would have difficulty achieving that.
Sweden: A country where "it's rude to leave food on your plate" sends off a player who didn't waste a fart.
I see how you are. Fine, I'll just go to the Lowest Common Denominator™*.
Here are some recommended changes to the English Premier League:
- Refer to Manchester United not as ManU, but ManUre. (Okay, we already do that.)
- Refer to Arsenal as Arse. (Ditto, yet their failure to win the league makes it appropriate.)
- Refer to Everton as "The Next Aston Villa." (Which is like referring to an NFL team as "The next Cleveland Browns," but worse.)
- Refer to Middleborough as Middlebutt.
- Refer to Hull City as Full City. (Like manager Steve Bruce's belly.)
- Refer to Southampton as "Liverpool AAA Affiliate." (They like selling players instead of pushing for a top four finish.)
- Refer to Swansea as Swansuck.
* ™ Trademark owned by The Trump Organization
Sugar In The Cherry Kool-Aid: AFC Bournemouth is linked to many players, but outside of the great signing of Emerson Hyndman, they've been more successful selling marginalized players. The Cherry Nation has the officially licensed AFC Bournemouth Ladle™ for the official start of the transfer season starting July 1.
Population Of The Cherry Nation: Still three. Me, my high school friend who lives in Montana, and new Bournemouth signing American Emerson Hyndman.
Percent Sugar In The Cherry Kool-Aid: 30%
Previously in Breakfast In America:
* Which EPL Team Are You?
Breakfast proprietor Eric Emery welcomes your comments.
Spring training is here.Continue reading "SportsMonday: Radio Days" »
Posted on Feb 19, 2018
A shitty week grinds Coach Coffman's gears. Plus: Cubs Win Winter; White Sox Battery & Assault; The Winter Olympics Are Disordered; Big If True; Ramblers On A Roll; Blackhawks Bad To Worse; and Marginal Bulls News.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Hour #188: "No Competent Society Allows This To Happen"" »
Posted on Feb 16, 2018