Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
"This August, 40 diehard Cubs fans will enjoy the ultimate two-day experience at Wrigley Field as part of the 'Chicago Cubs Fantasy Camp at Wrigley Field,'" the team announced on Wednesday.
Among the activities and features:
* If you can't get along with fellow campers, Jim Hendry will trade away your one-day contract to another team, plus offer to cover $6,000 of your $7,500 fee.
* Although this is a fantasy camp, in an effort to make it feel somewhat realistic a simulated World Series parade downtown is NOT included.
* Meet other campers pretending to be major league players, including Aramis Ramirez.
* Even though it in no way resembles what it's like to be an actual Cub, campers will be allowed to run the bases.
* Take a turn at pretending to be a Cubs executive - look for one inch of stadium space or one game-day experience at Wrigley that hasn't yet been sold off to a sponsor and find a way to monetize it.
* Moises Alou will pee on your hands for an additional $12 before each game.
* Give your uneaten lunch scraps to Ronnie-woo-woo and he'll "Woo" your name for 10 minutes.
* For $300, fans can upgrade to the Wood/Prior package, in which their arms break under the weight of an entire fanbase.
* A clause in the one-day contract precludes fans from playing time if the event they are discovered to be either a qualified second baseman or a qualified rookie.
* Fans can opt to have another fan pitch to them in the real game, or have Hall of Famer Mark Prior pitch to them in a simulated game.
* Also included: tours of the historic Bud Light Bleachers, Under Armour Ivy, and Captain Morgan's Olde-Timey Base-ball Sporting Club.
* Carlos Zambrano will also be throwing batting practice the same day . . . for the Giants.
Contributing: Beachwood Mark, Marty Gangler, Andrew Reilly
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Just because it's Arlington's biggest day doesn't mean it's big in the grand scheme of American racing.Continue reading "TrackNotes: The Meaning Of The Million" »
Posted on Aug 15, 2017
No more Maddon magic. Plus: Cardiac Cutler & Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #165: Cubs' Mojo Missing, South Side Tank Job & Mitch Madness!" »
Posted on Aug 11, 2017