Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
"This August, 40 diehard Cubs fans will enjoy the ultimate two-day experience at Wrigley Field as part of the 'Chicago Cubs Fantasy Camp at Wrigley Field,'" the team announced on Wednesday.
Among the activities and features:
* If you can't get along with fellow campers, Jim Hendry will trade away your one-day contract to another team, plus offer to cover $6,000 of your $7,500 fee.
* Although this is a fantasy camp, in an effort to make it feel somewhat realistic a simulated World Series parade downtown is NOT included.
* Meet other campers pretending to be major league players, including Aramis Ramirez.
* Even though it in no way resembles what it's like to be an actual Cub, campers will be allowed to run the bases.
* Take a turn at pretending to be a Cubs executive - look for one inch of stadium space or one game-day experience at Wrigley that hasn't yet been sold off to a sponsor and find a way to monetize it.
* Moises Alou will pee on your hands for an additional $12 before each game.
* Give your uneaten lunch scraps to Ronnie-woo-woo and he'll "Woo" your name for 10 minutes.
* For $300, fans can upgrade to the Wood/Prior package, in which their arms break under the weight of an entire fanbase.
* A clause in the one-day contract precludes fans from playing time if the event they are discovered to be either a qualified second baseman or a qualified rookie.
* Fans can opt to have another fan pitch to them in the real game, or have Hall of Famer Mark Prior pitch to them in a simulated game.
* Also included: tours of the historic Bud Light Bleachers, Under Armour Ivy, and Captain Morgan's Olde-Timey Base-ball Sporting Club.
* Carlos Zambrano will also be throwing batting practice the same day . . . for the Giants.
Contributing: Beachwood Mark, Marty Gangler, Andrew Reilly
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018