Chicago - Sep. 19, 2020
Music TV Politics Sports Books People Places & Things

Beachwood PP&T
Our monthly PP&T archive.
Chicagoetry

An exchange.

From: rpark@room214.com
Subject: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 1:43:12 PM CST
To: srhodes@beachwoodreporter.com

Good Afternoon Steve,

I'm a community manager working on behalf of Ford, and am reaching out to bloggers in the Midwest region to gauge interest in participating in the second chapter of the Ford Fiesta Movement.

I've actually read your blog, and do understand the focus isn't cars. But we all drive - and based on your online presence and location, I thought you (and perhaps your readers) might benefit from knowing more about this.

What's Happening Now
Ford is looking for new "Agents" with an entrepreneurial spirit, creative vision and passion to help launch the 2011 Ford Fiesta. Applications are being accepted through February 7, 2010 (visit fiestamovement.com/ to apply).

Background
Last April, Ford gave 100 Fiestas to 100 online personalities (Agents) for 6 months (including gas, insurance and concierge). These 100 Agents completed monthly missions, which were documented and spread throughout their social networks, for more information click here.

What's in it for the Agents
Ford will connect the new agents to local creative talent, providing support and resources to organize cultural events that will engage their local communities. Benefits include:

* Access to the 2011 Ford Fiesta for the duration of the program (gas and insurance included)
* A shot at winning a brand new Fiesta (odds are only 1 in 20)
* Working with an Agent team mate to shape regionally based advertising

Please feel free to shoot over any questions to me directly, but know the details can also be found by clicking here.

On a more personal note, I hope this e-mail does not come across as spam. We are looking for qualified people, and you matched our criteria for this specific program. I maintain my own blog, so I can relate to the aggravation of receiving spam mail.

Thank you for your time.

With Appreciation,

Ryan Park
(303) 444-9214
rpark@room214.com
twitter: @BigRyanPark

From: Steve Rhodes
Subject: Re: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 2:41:47 PM CST
To: Ryan Park

I'm curious to know just what criteria I met and what it was about my website that piqued your interest. I mean, considering that this isn't spam.

Steve Rhodes

From: Ryan Park
Subject: Re: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 3:09:18 PM CST
To: Steve Rhodes

Steve,

Thank you for your prompt response.

To answer your questions, you were chosen based on your strong influence online--primarily, the strong following that you have on "The Beachwood Reporter". Also, we are currently searching for influencers based of their geographical location, and the Midwest Region (i.e. the Chicago area) is one of those locations that we are reaching out to.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help you.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Park

From: Steve Rhodes
Subject: Re: Re: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 3:12:03 PM CST
To: Ryan Park

If you really had actually read our site you'd know this is one of the last things we'd ever be interested in. Even ironically.

Steve Rhodes

From: Ryan Park
Subject: Re: Re: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 3:17:37 PM CST
To: Steve Rhodes

Steve,

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I will make a note of our conversation, and if you'd like any more information let me know.

Ryan Park

From: Steve Rhodes
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Ford's next Entreprenuerial Agent
Date: January 15, 2010 3:20:11 PM CST
To: Ryan Park

Yes, please make a note of it. Maybe run it by a focus group. Size up the psychographics. Identify inflection points. Because it's really important to find entreprenuerial agents to influence the car-buying public; they just might find the Ford Fiesta delish.

Steve Rhodes

Comments welcome.

Posted on January 19, 2010

MUSIC - 🚨 Michael McDonald Alert.
TV - Comic-Con 2020: Fans vs. Critics.
POLITICS - When Bigotry Masquerades As Choice.
SPORTS - Beachwood Sports Radio: The Bears' Bad Day.

BOOKS - Searching For The World's Largest Owl.

PEOPLE PLACES & THINGS - The Tao Is To Chill.

Search The Beachwood Reporter