Like A Cloud
A mix tape I made for a friend a few years ago with the liner notes I sent.
SONG NOTES (A)
1. Bullet From a Gun/Teddy Morgan & the Pistolas. BBQ rock.
2. Sara Smile/Hall and Oates. Classic.
3. We Just Disagree/Dave Mason. Makes the purchase of Dave Mason's Super Hits worth it.
4. Dizzy Road/Run Westy Run. '80s indie rock from the Minneapolis scene.
5. Surf City/Ramones. From an alternate universe.
6. Seen Your Video/Replacements. At the top of their game, unknowingly.
7. Stop It/Pylon. Perhaps the best band to ever come out of Athens, Ga.
8. Bull in the Heather/Sonic Youth. Mmmm, Kimmmm.
9. Take Me to the Paradise/Robbie Fulks. His Geffen record a minor masterpiece.
12. If I Can't Have You/Eve's Plum. See No. 5.
13. That Truck/Texas Rubies. Change my name to Mavis.
1. I'd Really Like to See You Tonight/England Dan and John Ford Coley. Their real names?
2. Spirit of the Radio/Rush. Cannot be denied.
3. Steal Away/Robbie Dupree. Just for fun.
4. Take This Hurt Off Me/Teddy Morgan & the Pistolas. Rockin' the porch.
5. Livin' Thing/ELO. Just felt right.
6. Love Hurts/Gram Parsons. Holds a lot of rain.
7. Ooh Las Vegas/Gram Parsons. Irresistible.
8. (We're Not) The Jet Set/John Prine & Iris DeMent. See No. 7, no matter who sings it.
9. Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?/Bruce Springsteen. The dope's that there's still hope.
10. No Surrender/Bruce Springsteen. The way it should've been recorded. More from a three-minute record.
11. Fisherman's Blues/Waterboys. Three minutes of pure bliss, sadness, hope, the slight cusp of despair.
12. She's Gone/Hall and Oates. It sounds so good. Check out the guitar.
13. Far Far Away/Wilco. In my arms and sway.
From the Beachwood jukebox to Obama Radio, we have the playlists you need to be a better citizen of the Rock and Roll Nation.
Posted on March 15, 2010
© 2006 - 2017, The Beachwood Media Company