The Weekend Desk Report
Super Bore Sunday Edition
Every year we have to endure the endless days before the Super Bowl. And while this year's NFC Championship Game has left us all feeling a little Phil-Kessel-Without-The-Car, we still have a few suggestions to pass the time.
1. Have A Baby. Apparently, it makes you at least three times better at your job.
2. Earmark Something. Maybe start with a provision to cut your boss's legs off at the knees.
3. While You're At It . . . Some people are positively begging for exactly the same treatment.
4. Party Like An All-Star. Just be sure to wrap it up before you ruin it for everyone else.
5. Assemble A New Offensive Line. After all, 35% beef might actually be an improvement
6. Pull Up The Couch Cushions, Maybe Scrape Up A Little Loose Change. You know, maybe around 85 cents per person . . . treat yourself to something nice.
7. Fire Everyone. And if that doesn't work, try building a billion-dollar monument to yourself. That always buys you some relevance.
8. Tough It Out. Come on, Sissy, even this guy played hurt!
The Weekend Desk Tip Line: Olive drab.
CAN TV Weekend Report
Community Forum: Illinois Hunger Coalition
Diane Doherty and Valerie Bravo of the Illinois Hunger Coalition discuss how the organization works to address the underlying causes of hunger.
Saturday, January 29 at 7:30 p.m. on CAN TV21
Mayoral Candidate Forum on Public Housing
Chicago mayoral candidates discuss their views on affordable, public, and subsidized housing at this forum held by The National Public Housing Museum and The Central Advisory Council.
Saturday, January 29 at 8 p.m. on CAN TV21
The Chicago Mayoral Race
Ald. Ed Burke (14th) joins a panel of Chicago authors to discuss the mayoral election from a historical perspective.
Sunday, January 30 at 9 a.m. on CAN TV21
1 hr 30 min
Dr. King Celebration with Beverly Bond
DJ, philanthropist, and Black Girls Rock! founder Beverly Bond explores the effects of Dr. Martin Luther King's legacy and dream.
Sunday, January 30 at 10:30 a.m. on CAN TV21
1 hr 30 min
Chicago Mayoral Candidate's Forum on Veterans Affairs
The Coalition of Veterans Organizations host this forum where mayoral candidates speak on veterans affairs and hear from local veterans about their needs. This program was recorded by CAN TV.
Sunday, January 30 at 7:30 p.m. on CAN TV19
Click here to watch video online.
Posted on January 29, 2011