The [Tuesday] Papers
1. "The Chicago Wind Soccer Club was formed in the fall of 1998 to meet the need and desire for a year round, professionally trained youth soccer program in the Chicago suburban area."
2. "560 WIND is Chicago's Conservative Talk Radio Station."
3. "Massive 'Chiclone' storm slams into Illinois; forecaster predicts strongest storm in 70 years."
twister: are yo ukidding this is only the start
4. Chicago Wind: Merle Haggard.
6. Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire: 25 or 6 to 4.
7. "It's actually pretty impressive; we're seeing wind, hail, rain, tornados, pretty much the sky is the limit."
8. Thanks to everyone who came out last night for Monday Night Beachwood! We may have set a record at the cash register for a regular ol' Monday night. Good times were had by all, including Beachwood poet-in-residence J.J. Tindall. We actually ran out of Old Style. That's right - we sold every bottle in the house. Awesome. Good job, everyone! See you next week.
9. "It took years for Illinois officials to discover that southwest suburban Crestwood was pumping contaminated water to its residents, in part because the state took village officials at their word that nothing was wrong," the Tribune's Michael Hawthorne reports.
"Such lax oversight is a problem in scores of communities throughout the nation, according to a new report from the U.S. Environmental Agency's inspector general that urged federal and state officials to conduct more rigorous inspections and adopt tighter reporting guidelines.
"The report, prompted by a Tribune investigation, also found there is no way to determine if emergency water supplies that serve more than 58 million people are contaminated or being misused. Oversight is based on trust, rather than routine inspections, the inspector general concluded."
10. The Weekend In Chicago Rock: NOW WITH PELICAN!
11. Too Deep - A Music Video Tribute To Slacker P.I.
12. NFL To Players: You Are On Notice.
13. Junior is officially out. His status - and others' - on our oddsboard will be updated later today.
14. Count your blessings.
Posted on October 26, 2010
© 2006 - 2017, The Beachwood Media Company