The [New Year's] Papers
By Steve Rhodes
Some highlights from Beachwood 2009. Are we not the most interesting publication on the planet?
* Huberman's CPS. Slow zones and derailments come to Chicago schools.
* The Broom of Wicker Park. Why doesn't a park in a purported artists' neighborhood didn't feature more works by its artists? Perhaps because that work does not conform to Official History, like the statue of Charles Wicker and his broom.
* Weep Not For The Newspaper Industry. Now is not the time for your tears.
* 20 Tweets: Billy Dec. Kickn it w/Paris Hilton, Mancow & Oprah.
* Serenade of the Seas. Douchey young people and the Well of Cheese.
* Zellweger vs. Aniston. What Renee has that Jennifer doesn't.
* We Love Q. With a coach like Q, the Hawks just can't be bad.
* Senator Oprah. Welcome to National Girlfriend Day and After The Vote sessions.
* Ginsu Blago. I am asking you to look at the evidence I have presented here.
* Mystery Burris Theater. Most painful wiretap ever.
* Olympic Smackdown Theater. If you don't know which alderman at the table is the tool, then it's you.
* Our Award. City council investigators claim their prize.
* Mystery Health Care Speech Theater. Death panels and change.
* Other Public Public Options We'd Like To Have. The Public Interest Option, for example.
* The New Block 37. Featuring the Foreclosure Mart and Kurtisville.
* Rockford's Firebird. Do the Rockford.
* Dog vs. Kat. One used to be a bad-ass; the other wants to be a bad-ass.
* Doing David Letterman. From parodist to parodied.
* Douche or Tool: Billy Corgan. We do the math.
* Song of the Moment: Man in the Mirror. Sees himself, but not the songwriter.
The Beachwood Tip Line: First and 10.
Posted on December 31, 2009
© 2006 - 2017, The Beachwood Media Company