Chicago - Jul. 19, 2017
Music TV Politics Sports Books People Places & Things
 
Must-See TV
Army Of Darkness
ElRey
5 p.m.
A discount-store employee is time-warped to a medieval castle, where he is the foretold savior who can dispel the evil there. Unfortunately, he screws up and releases an army of skeletons. (tvguide.com)
Weather Derby
Tribune: 51/37
Sun-Times: Ferro/McKinney
Weather Channel: 44/41
Ntl Weather Service: 54/43
BWM*: 82/12
Beachwood Bookmarks
K-Tel Classics
WKRP in Cincinnati
So You've Decided To Be Evil
St. Paul Saints
Nye's Polonaise Room
The Arcata Eye
Roadside USA
This Day In . . .
Onion History
Weird Al History
Baseball History
Beachwood History
History History
Spy Magazine History
#OnThisDate History
Chicago
Indicted!
Under Suspicion
Find Your Towed Car
Cable TV Complaints
Freedom of Information
The Expired Meter
The Mob & Friends
Stolen Bike Registry
O'Hare Music Tracker
Rats
Report Corruption (city)
Report Corruption (state)
Beyond
Scoundrels, State
Scoundrels, Federal
The Odds
Random Flight Tracker
Casting Calls
Cosmic Log
Buy Stamps
Beachwood Blogroll
A Handy List
Beachwood Ethics Statement
How We Roll
Today's Horoscope
Liberties will be taken.
Do We Sudoku?
No, but we do do moose stuff, and that can be anything you want it to be. Except Sudoku.
Losing Lottery Numbers
8, 25, 39
Daily Affirmation
I am open and receptive to new avenues of income. (louisehay.com)
Ellie
Knowing that a person may be unwittingly in danger of an assault imposes a moral duty to warn them.
Now Playing
Psychodrama/Marshall Law
Letters to the Editors
FAQ
About
Tip Line
"The Papers" archive
RSS
Beachwood Link Buttons
Media Kit/Advertising
 

The [Monday] Papers

Bedeviled by several technical issues. Well, two. But that's enough. One is 99% solved and the remaining 1% of the problem I can live with for now. The other is 100% maddening.

Still, for your enjoyment:

* I recommend @BeachwoodReport in particular today for the overnight real-time quotes about Rahm Emanuel's 2011 campaign as well as key excerpts from national media coverage dating back to his Clinton days.

Such as . . . :

Go see the rest. You will be rewarded.

-

(Here's another example, as well, from Beachwood Facebook: When Rahm Told Eric Holder To Shut The Fuck Up About Guns.)

-

* The Beachwood Radio Hour #47: What Chicagoans Aren't Being Told.

The most extraordinary part of the show, though, is about how New York magazine buried the most golden nugget of all the Brian Williams coverage.

The rest is about the nature of local news and where/how people are supposed to learn about Homan Square, the CIA's fake reforms, the NSA scandals, and the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which is probably the most under-reported story going.

Also: Pander bears in a runoff.

* SportsMonday: Let The Cutler Countdown Begin.

Our very own Jim "Coach" Coffman asks: Does he have one more jerk move in him?

Plus: The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #41: Bears Get Boring.

Clearing the drama decks. Plus: Who The Hell Is E'Twaun Moore?; The Big Boy Blackhawks; Tony, Oh!; Joe Maddon Is A Madman; The Mesmerizing Minnie Minoso; and The Chicago Fire Do Some Stuff.

-

BeachBook
* Wisconsin Grain Silo Renovated Into Three-Story Fort.

* Cubs Commercial 1979: Buy Your Season Tickets Early!

* Soybean Rally Runs Out Of Steam.

-

TweetWood

*

*

*

*

*

-

The Beachwood Tip Line: Hot takes, cold beer.



Permalink

Posted on March 9, 2015


MUSIC - PJ Harvey Wins Pitchfork.
TV - 24 Hours With Velocity.
POLITICS - Reminder: U.S. Health Care Sucks.
SPORTS - World Roller Derby Day.

BOOKS - Trump's True Believers.

PEOPLE PLACES & THINGS - Land After Frac Sand.


Search The Beachwood Reporter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Email:

Follow BeachwoodReport on Twitter



Beachwood Radio!


Ask Me Anything!